About the Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society
The Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society was formed in the early 1960s to register the cattle and to administer the breed, following the successful breeding programs from a number of progressive Murray Grey Breeders.
The advent of the Society was the signal for the growth and development of the breed which is unparalleled in Australia, and perhaps the world in the 20th century.
The MGBCS is committed to:
- providing services to members, such as communication, registrations, information, marketing and breed promotion;
- directing the policy for the breed;
- maintaining and improving the economic wealth of the company for the benefit of members;
- ensuring the Society adopts best practice for corporate governance in the conduct of its duties;
- promoting and be involved in research projects domestically and internationally;
- developing international relationships amongst Murray Grey Breeders;
- promotion of Murray Grey cattle domestically and internationally.
The breed has its worldwide headquarters in Armidale, New South Wales.
The society also has a program dedicated to the youth in the industry. The Murray Grey Youth Program is open to all young cattle enthusiasts 30 years and under.
The regulations of The Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society Limited are effective from 1st January 2015. Any former regulations of the Society shall be repealed as from and including that day. The Constitution of The Society states that the Board may from time to time amend the regulations whether by addition, deletion, alteration or otherwise....
Download the Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society Constitution Find out more about The Murray Grey Society Australia and what we do for our members and the general public.
Cattle information contained on this site is based on details provided to The Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society by Members for the purpose of the Society’s record keeping. Whilst exercising due care, the Society is unable to guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of such information and cannot accept any responsibility for reliance by any person...