SBTS Webinar Series – BREEDPLAN BasicsJune 29, 2015
In August 2015, SBTS and TBTS will be running a webinar series entitled BREEDPLAN Basics. This series will include five webinars, which will be run each Monday night at 8pm AEST. The date and title of each webinar is outlined below:
- 3rd August: Getting Started with BREEDPLAN
- 10th August: BREEDPLAN Traits – Weight and Carcase Traits
- 17th August: BREEDPLAN Traits – Fertility, Calving Ease and Other Traits
- 24th August: Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs) in Detail
- 31st August: Selection Indices in Detail
The webinars will cover a range of topics, including:
- How to join BREEDPLAN
- Submitting performance data to BREEDPLAN
- BREEDPLAN traits – what, when, how?
- Understanding contemporary groups
- What is an EBV?
- What is a Selection Index?
- What is accuracy?
- Do EBVs work?
More information – BREEDPLANBasics_Flyer
To register for free simply follow this link and select the webinars you would like to attend – http://sbts.une.edu.au/Webinars/webinars.html