Southern Beef Technology Services (SBTS)
Southern Beef Technology Services (SBTS) is an extension service with the objective of maximising the understanding and use of genetic technologies in the Southern Australian Beef industry. SBTS is a joint initiative of Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA), ABRI and a number of Breed Societies that run the majority of their cattle in Southern Australia. This includes the Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society.
Services provided by SBTS include:
- Technical Support: Technical officers are available via phone or email to provide technical support for BREEDPLAN and related genetic technologies.
- Herd Visits: Herd visits include discussion about the level of performance recording and the drivers of genetic progress in the herd. As part of the herd visit, SBTS produces Completeness of Performance and Genetic Progress reports for the herd, the latter of which is only available in a herd visit.
- Workshops & Field days: SBTS regularly attends and presents at workshops and field days. Workshops organised by SBTS include BullSELECT, which is designed to assist commercial bull buyers with their purchasing decisions.
- Technical Documents and Tip Sheets: Maintenance and distribution of BREEDPLAN tip sheets and other technical documentation.
For more information or to contact SBTS, please visit the SBTS website: http://sbts.une.edu.au/
Catriona Millen is a Technical Officer with Southern Beef Technology Services (SBTS). Catriona is currently based in Armidale NSW, and has been with SBTS since January 2015.
Catriona completed a Bachelor of Science at Monash University in 2008 and a Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Honours) at the University of Melbourne in 2009. She has previously worked as a genetics demonstrator for the ‘Get Into Genes’ program at La Trobe University.
Catriona can be contacted via:
- Phone: (02) 6773 3357
- Mobile: 0409 102 644
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org