Murray Grey Australia Youth
The Murray Grey Youth Program is open to all young cattle enthusiasts 30 years and under. The program provides members with education on beef cattle in an environment of fun and creativity.
“To become industry leaders and take breed development through to the next century and beyond. To provide stepping-stones towards personal and professional development which will aid in establishing successful careers in the beef industry.”
As part of Murray Grey Youth, you get the opportunity to:
- Develop leadership, teamwork participation, self confidence and communication skills
- Improve your beef industry knowledge and skills
- Have opportunities to gain enterprise and livestock management skills required for beef production
- Develop skills to help build successful beef industry careers
- Receive education to enable you to understand future beef industry technological developments
- Network with beef industry leaders
- Meet people your own age with similar interests
- Raise the profile of the Murray Grey beef cattle breed and develop marketing strategies to increase its demand
Murray Grey Youth also provides many prizes for its members, through the National Ambassador Competition staged at the Murray Grey National Junior Stock Show.
Prizes include an annual overseas six week Study Tour of New Zealand, entry to the South Australian Junior Heifer Expo, an Educational Grant to the value of $500, voucher.r.
Did you know that BREEDPLAN is the genetic evaluation system currently adopted by the Murray Grey Society?
Participation in Murray Grey Youth activities has been opened up to members under the age of 30. For those under 25 years of age that are breeding pedigree Murray Grey or Greyman cattle that are able to be recorded in the various registers that comprise the MGBCS herdbook. Unique prefix and tattoo letters for your...
On behalf of the Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society we would like to invite you to the Murray Grey National Junior Stock Show. This year we are combining our education and judging formats with the Charolais youth offering further networking opportunities in the industry. The event will be conducted at the Wodonga Showground, Wodonga Victoria...