Murray Grey Cattle Australia
New Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society Indexes
BREEDPLAN and the Murray Grey Beef Cattle Society have recently completed a review and revision of the selection indexes available to Australian Murray Grey cattle producers. The revised indexes were released in conjunction with the July 2023 Murray Grey BREEDPLAN analysis results.
There are now 5 selection indexes that are available to Murray Grey producers and these are the:
- Vealer Terminal Index (VT)
- Supermarket Index (SUP)
- Heavy Grass Fed Steer Index (GF)
- Northern Terminal Index (NT)
- Breeder Replacement Index (BR)
The objective of the selection indexes is to better reflect the breeding objectives of commercial herds that utilise Murray Grey genetics.
For more information CLICK HERE
To see how to use the indexes head to the BREEDPLAN Page
Murray Grey Annual 2022 / 2023
Looking for members in your area?
Check out our member map!
The MGBCS is committed to:
- Providing services to members, such as communication, registrations, information, marketing and breed promotion.
- Directing the policy for the breed.
- Maintaining and improving the economic wealth of the company for the benefit of members.
- Ensure the Society adopts best practice for corporate governance in the conduct of its duties.
- Promote and be involved in research projects domestically and internationally.
- Developing international relationships amongst Murray Grey breeders.
- Promotion of Murray Grey cattle domestically and internationally.
The breed has its worldwide headquarters in Armidale, NSW.
- Brisbane Royal Show Results 2023
Congratulations to all exhibitors at the EKKA 2023! Click here for more of the...
- Royal Adelaide Show Results 2023
An amazing line up of animals filled the stalls at the Royal Adelaide Show from...
- Introducing Victorian Board Representative – Jackie Laughlin
The early years of Jackie’s life were spent on the family dairy farm. From an...